Kelsey

Kelsey

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Burden for the Lost.

I am reading a book that some friends of ours loaned us, this book is called, The Dairymans Daughter. By Legh Richmond. And there's this beautiful poem in it, I just had to share. It's about reaching the Lost, I know I need to spread the Gospel more.

               "Shall I, through fear of  
               Feeble man,
              The Spirits course strive to
                Restrain?
               Or, undismay'd in deed and
               Word,
              Be a true witness for my
               Lord?

             "Aw'd  by a mortal's frown,
             Shall I conceal the word of
              God most High?
             How then before Thee Shall
             I Dare To stand, or how
             Thine anger bear?

             "Shall I, to soothe th' unholy
              Throng, Soften thy truths
              And smooth thy tongue
             To gain earth's gilded toy's,
             Or flee The Cross endur'd,
             My God, by Thee?
  
            "What then is he, whose
             Scorn I dread? Whose wrath
             Or hate makes me afraid?
             A man? An heir of death?
             A slave to sin? A bubble on
             The wave?

             "Yea, let men rage, since
             Thou wilt spread Thy
             Shadowing wings around my
             Head; Since in all pain Thy
             Tender love Will still my sure
             Refreshment prove.

           "Still shall the love of Christ
           Constrain to seek the
            Wand'ring souls of men,
            With cries, entreaties, tears
             To save,
            And snatch them from the
            Yawning grave.
 
           "For this let men revile my
           Name,
           No Cross I shun, I fear no
            Shame:
           All hail reproach, and
           Welcome pain,
           Only Thy terrors, Lord,
            Restrain."
         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.