Kelsey

Kelsey

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Righteousness by law?

I was reading my bible and this really caught my eye I felt The Lord tell me to share it with you all. 

Read Galations chapters 1&2 
In chapter 1 Paul talks about not being decieved by any other gospel, verse 6-11 "I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace Christ unto another gospel:
Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
As we said before, so say I now again, if Any man preach any other gospel unto you than that he have received, let him be accursed. 
For do I now persuade men or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. Galations 1:6-11 Kjv 
Now we know without a doubt that the Bible is the true word of God, it's not a story to be told and ignored it holds the key  to eternity. So what do we do with other so called Gospels that come close to the Bible, but seem to differ from the Bible? Well the answer should be we look to the Bible not what man has come up with. In verse 12 Paul said for neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by he revelation of Jesus Christ. 
People have argued if the Bible really Is accurate, and can it really be trusted? I stand on what Dr. Voddie Baucham said about this issue. "I choose to believe the Bible because it is a reliable collection of historical documents. Written by eye witnesses, during the lifetime of other eye witnesses. They record supernatural events that took place in fulfillment of specific prophecy. And claim that their writings were Divine, rather then human inorigine.
The Bible has not changed, neither is it unfit for today's society. The Gospel is still the same, it cannot be changed by man and still be accepted by God. In Galations chapter 2 Paul talks about justification by faith not works. A lot of people (after Jesus assended) still thought you had to be circumcised in order to be accepted by God. Paul told them (namely Peter) that it's not by the law that we are saved but by the blood of Christ. Everyone is accepted by God when they get saved, no one is more or less in Gods sight. In verse 21 of Galations 2 Paul said "I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
So let's say you live your entire life by doing Good works, and your a really Good person. Does that mean your going to heaven? NO why? Isn't living a good life important? Oh yes but not by using the law as your salvation. The Law is there to show you your state before God. The Gospel is there as a remedy for your soul, to save you from what you deserve. Ray Comfort said "The law of God is merely like a mirror--all a mirror does is show you the truth. If you see a egg on your face, you don't try to wash yourself with the mirror of Gods law....that's not its purpose.
The Gospel is what will wash all the ugly stains of sin away. It will do for you what you can't do for yourself, save you from hell. But that only applys if you accept it. You don't get a get into heaven free card, it's only if your a blood bought child of God walking in all the light God gives you. It's never a good thing to play games with God by accepting the gospel and still living like the devil. When you get saved do some house cleaning. 

That's what I felt The Lord tell me to share with you today I'm so glad Jesus came to save us:) Have a merry Christmas:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.