Kelsey

Kelsey

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Late post!

 Hello! Sorry for the late post! 
Soo a couple of weeks ago on September 12th. There was another Unified Holiness Rally at gospel center.
The Cali group came over to join in our services and it was great seeing people I hadn't seen in a while, it was a great service! Bro.Brad Farless (Bible Holiness pastor) preached the message mainly for the teens that were there. 
He spoke on peer pressure, and how to overcome it Gods way.
He brought many different scriptures but the main focus was Daniel chapter one, And he brought out that we live in a culture of peer pressure. that's why there is so much compromise going on, and Adults (not just teens) are being pressured Into letting down their standards, and I'm not just talking about dress standards, I'm talking about our beliefs what we stand for. But how did Daniel encounter the temptation and not give in too it? He purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the kings meat. Daniel knew if he did not purpose, he would eventually fall. Daniel knew that in order too not give up what he had been taught and believed, he had to make a choice. And it did keep him from falling into sin.
 And when he did purpose in his heart he did not fall into compromise.
His message spoke too my heart, and I felt The Lord say too meto purpose  with all of my heart (Not that I hadn't already but a deeper resolve) that I will not succumb to the enticing world around me. And that when pressure comes, when the heat comes, that I will keep my focus on Jesus. I heard a saying once it said; ME+JESUS=MAJORITY 
when you are a Christian even though your alone physically, you have more on your side then the world has on theirs. I'm soo glad we are in the winning side! 
All God is asking of me is that I stand when others fall, and that I will not compromise even when peer pressure is asking me too. 
That may seem impossible but the secret if you want to call it that, Is that God gives us strength and grace. 
As Christians,to make a difference we have to be different.
That's my hearts desire is to just serve The Lord and do his will, I have purposed in my heart that by Gods grace I will not defile myself. And believe me I'm not saying that to say I'm perfect,  I'm just a sinner saved by the precious blood of Jesus!
I think of the words to the hymn I'm sure we all know it, My Saviors Love. I love the first verse; 
"I stand Amazed in the presence, of Jesus the Nazerene! And wonder how he could love me, a sinner condemned unclean." 
Chorus
"How Marvelous! How wonderful! And my song shall ever be!
How marvelous how wonderful is my Saviors love for me!"

That is my hearts cry is to sing Gods praises! 
So yes that night was a very good service The Lord really moved in the testimonies as well, and  I really appreciated that message by Bro.Brad, and the challenge not to listen to peer pressure. And too listen to what the Bible says, even if it means to stand alone. 
I just wanted to share with you what The Lord has taught me, and what I'm still learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.