I know it's been over a month and I still have not blogged about teenpact, or youth camp!! Sorry I am late; but I am going to work on doing both! So I'll first start out by finally telling you about Teen Pact: this was my first experience in teen pact and I was very excited! on Monday (the first day) we got there a little early; (which I'll tell ya real quick everything that could have gone wrong leading up to that week, went wrong! I was up real late trying to finish the homework, there are reasons why I couldn't finish up completely before; it was a hard few months leading up to teen pact, mama's health wasn't good. But the Lord helped me to finish the homework!) we actually arrived early to the Capitol, it was totally God. The devil came at us that week like crazy.... but God was so faithful in helping us! The first day was awesome, I got to meet a lot of different people; (which I love to do!) That week I got to hear from a lot of awesome speakers; debate legislature, hear from the Arizona Supreme Courts newly appointed Justice Clint Bolick. And we got to have some amazing field experiences, anything from interviewing lobbyist's;
to arguing a case, to bill analysis, to being the governor of AZ and try to solve the immigration crisis:The highlights were taking in so much helpful information and learning so much. My personal favorite times of the day, was worship. Worship was a great way to just start the day off with the mindset that God comes first and he deserves worship; and I'm telling you there is nothing like getting to sing worship songs and pray at your capitol! We went on prayer walks, and the evening sessions were so much fun, I enjoyed it so much. On Thursday was the Graduation; and it was awesome! And you know what? As I went through that whole program God just really answered so many personal prayers for me; I did not have the strength for that week, I was just so physically weak, but I just prayed "God would you work in, and through me? will you just take over, and help me? I cannot do your will in my flesh, I cannot bring you glory on my own, will you just do it through me?" and he did! I am nothing on my own, but I've learned in my walk with the Lord, that when I try to do things on my own, I end up a miserable replica, but the moment I allow the impartation of Jesus Christ to take over; suddenly it all works because in my human fallible flesh I'm nothing, but when its God doing it, it works out a lot better. God just preformed miracle, after miracle that week. TeenPact didnt even seem possible for my family, but God worked it all out! Now you tell me what's impossible with God? and God helped my parents to come to the graduation!! You have no idea what it meant to me to see them there; I knew the sacrifice it took.. and I was just so overwhelmed about God's goodness, and faithfulness that I almost bursted out in tears. God has done a work in my heart even leading up to TeenPact; because before teenapct satan fought me on my capibilities, but you know what I know how far I've come, I'm not who I used to be God has done a work in me. It feels kind of like David up against Goliath: you know when Goliath taunted David, but what was davids attitude? it wasn't "man I should just quit." No David had some holy audacity to believe God; that because God was for him, he can slay Goliath! I heard someone say "Davids victory came not because he fought well, but because he believed well." I cannot even express to you how amazing God truly is, I'll tell you this; he has an uncanny way of making a mockery out of satans so called powers. We were praying in front of our state capitol! You tell me what's impossible with God? God touched my mother, and my father to come to my graduation at teen pact when they both have been very sick! You tell me what's impossible with God? And God strengthened me when I was physically down; you tell me what's impossible with God? Just like I heard from Sherwood's film "Facing the Giants:" God can do whatever he wants to do with whoever he wants to do it with, and he chooses to work in our lives because he loves us, because he's good. That week I just determined in my heart to give God my absolute best, and I just left the results up to him. I just wanted to share this with you as a testimony of the goodness of our God, he is very much involved in the lives of his children; no he may not always do things they way we want them done, but he knows what is best for us.
Here are a few pics from TeenPact:)
This is when we got there the first day.
This is shania&to Monday night, they had a time of fellowship and a message by Mr.Watson.
Day 2! Sista's together!
Lol the camera snapped a pic of us unexpectedly😄
It was amazing getting to see the Capitol!
TeenPact group in front of the Arizona Supreme Court house.
Day 3 Katie got to join one day!!
My group:) this was one of our field experiences we want to the House of Representatives.
Got a pic of Representative Albert Hale who is over our district.
This was Tuesday night I believe, but I love these lovely ladies what a encouragement I got from the times we had together!
And last but not least of the pics I'm going to share, I got a selfie with the TeenPact staff!:)
Well that's it, I just wanted to share this with you as a testimony of how faithful God is to his children! We should not have been able to do TeenPact but God made a way; I don't deserve his blessings he is so good! Next I'll tell you about another complete miracle God did for our family; he helped us to go to a youth camp in California! It was a three day camp, an we traveled with our pastor and his wife. I'll tell ya more later!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.