Kelsey

Kelsey

Saturday, April 5, 2014

A Lot Happening.

Wow time goes by soooooo fast! Sorry for the late post...the 50th anniversary for sun valley camp was AWESOME!! There was victories won, and Souls saved. It was a privilege to hear the Watchman Quartet sing and preach, It was the first time for me to hear them, I enjoyed it a lot and I really grew spiritually from it. Then the 5th of February was a VERY special day for me, I turned 16!!!!!!!!!!! People have asked me if I feel any different or older, and yes I do!!! I'm excited for my 16th year:)
 then as all of you know what happened with daddy was very hard, but God brought us through the toughest parts of that trial and he will continue to bring us through many more. I'm still busy as ever! I'm working hard at learning the guitar, so far I can play one song, The keys to that song are very simple. During camp Bro.McCoy really helped me with the guitar, he sat down with me and shown shown me some things on it, I really appreciated that. And Bro.Mark here at church has also been a big help to me in learning the guitar, he has showed me how to play in certain keys etc...
And school has been really busy, but I do enjoy learning, especially since we use the Thomas Jefferson Education approach! it has brought learning to life!
And I have felt like I have grown spiritually in the last few months, during camp, during daddy's heart attack. Satan tried to defeat us but we are still here! God brought us through all of that and we are still standing! I don't claim to have done it all right during each trial, but this one thing I do know I still kept the faith! I believed even though i didn't feel it I knew God was going to bring me through the battle even if I didn't see a way out.


 Philippians 3:13-14 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.


 How true! we don't claim to have MADE IT, but we are pressing toward our goal Heaven. And I'm DARING TO BELIEVE GOD!! I just want to thank him for blessing us even when we did not deserve it.

2 comments:

  1. Yes we give God ALL HIS glory!!! We made it by grace, and His grace will continue to lead us on. I love you Kelsey, and have confidence in your walk with Jesus. No words can express what it meant to have you with me on that day, in those dark moments where our world seemed to flip upside down yet again. You gave me strength through your prayers and just holding my hand and staying by my side through all the paperwork and hard answers that had to be given. I will always cherish those moments when it was just Jesus, you and me in that lonely waiting room, we didn't know.... But we chose together to trust Jesus as we waited for your sisters and family to get to us there at the hospital.
    We are not a perfect people, we are not expected to be, but God knows our hearts even when others may misunderstand or misjudge based on lack of knowledge or discernment. Always take it to Jesus.. HE will never fail.
    Love, Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we too are excited for your Sixteenth year. God has GREAT things ahead for you. Very proud of you for digging in to learn the Guitar and taking advice from the mentors that God has placed in your path.
    And this momma's heard LOVES that you have a love for learning. It's thrilling.. and I don't regret it for a moment the day I said yes to Jesus calling me to do what I couldn't do... God has filled in the gaps, and it amazes me how God kept the learning flowing these past four hard years. Gods word says what it means, and means what it says, does it not?
    Praise God!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.