In 2 Chronicles chapters 14-16 it gives the account of King Asa; his life is certainly one interesting one because of his beginning he did not do evil like previous kings in the beginning he started out strong for God...but it makes you wonder where did he go wrong? Look closely at a couple of things, 1. Not all of the high places were taken down in Israel.
2. Asa started relying on people and not God.
It's easy to say "How could he do that?" But I remember all the times I did the very same thing, God would work a miracle in my life and then the next obstacle that came along I would forget to rely on the one who alone could truly help. Asa was wrong in how he handled things toward the end of his life but it does help to look at his life and determine not to repeat his mistakes and obviously I don't mean his exact mistakes but similar mistakes we could make in our own lives.
1. Tear down ALL of the high places and strongholds that keep you in bondage to the enemy.
2. Do not try to do it on your own you must rely on God to help you through it and out of it.
I'm so thankful for God teaching us very valuable lessons from his word.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.